Decision Maker: Officer Delegated Decision
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Reasons for Decision
· The proposed extinguishment meets the legal criteria set out in the Highways Act 1980.
· The inclusion of these provisions in a public path order means that there is no need for a separate legal event order to modify the definitive map and statement as a result of the extinguishment.
· Accordingly, the absence of objections may be taken as acceptance that the proposed new route is expedient and therefore Dorset Council can itself confirm the order.
Application to extinguish Bridleway 2, Loders at Church Farm Cottage
· The application to extinguish Bridleway 2, Loders from A – B – C – D as shown on Drawing P206/20/1 be accepted and an order made;
· The Order include provisions to modify the definitive map and statement to record the changes made as a consequence of the extinguishment; and
· If the Order is unopposed, it be confirmed by the Council
Publication date: 10/09/2020
Date of decision: 10/09/2020