Venue: Council Chamber, County Hall, Dorchester, DT1 1XJ. View directions
Appointment of Chairman for the meeting
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
To receive any apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest
To disclose any pecuniary, other registrable or non-registrable interests as set out in the adopted Code of Conduct. In making their disclosure councillors are asked to state the agenda item, the nature of the interest and any action they propose to take as part of their declaration.
If required, further advice should be sought from the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
Representatives of town or parish councils and members of the public who live, work or represent an organisation within the Dorset Council area are welcome to submit up to two questions or two statements for each meeting. Alternatively, you could submit one question and one statement for each meeting.
All submissions must be emailed in full to email@example.com by 8.30am on 24 June 2022.
When submitting your question(s) and/or statement(s) please note that:
· no more than three minutes will be allowed for any one question or statement to be asked/read
· a question may include a short pre-amble to set the context and this will be included within the three minute period
· please note that sub divided questions count towards your total of two
· when submitting a question please indicate who the question is for (e.g. the name of the committee or Portfolio Holder)
· Include your name, address and contact details. Only your name will be published but we may need your other details to contact you about your question or statement in advance of the meeting.
· questions and statements received in line with the council’s rules for public participation will be published as a supplement to the agenda
· all questions, statements and responses will be published in full within the minutes of the meeting.
Dorset Council Constitution Procedure Rule 9
Questions from Members
To receive questions submitted by councillors.
Councillors can submit up to two valid questions at each meeting and sub divided questions count towards this total. Questions and statements received will be published as a supplement to the agenda and all questions, statements and responses will be published in full within the minutes of the meeting.
The submissions must be emailed in full to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.30am on 24 June 2022.
Dorset Council Constitution – Procedure Rule 13
To consider a report of the Service Manager for Libraries.
To consider any items of business which the Chairman has had prior notification and considers to be urgent pursuant to section 100B (4) b) of the Local Government Act 1972. The reason for the urgency shall be recorded in the minutes.
To move the exclusion of the press and the public for the following item in view of the likely disclosure of exempt information within the meaning of paragraph x of schedule 12 A to the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
The public and the press will be asked to leave the meeting whilst the item of business is considered.
There is no exempt business.