Decision Maker: Dorset Council - Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the Senior Leadership Team’s forecast for Dorset Council’s position at the end of quarter 1, be noted;
(2) That the context around the budget that was set for the year be noted;
(3) That the impact that any overspend would have on reserves and the general fund be noted;
(4) That the work going into reviewing Dorset Council’s reserves and balances be noted;
(5) That the approach to work to develop sustainability of the base budget position for 2020/21 and beyond be noted and
(6) That the work going on around capital strategy and the capital programme and financing be noted.
Reason for decision: To ensure support and/or challenge for actions being taken in 2019/20 to balance the budget and consider the adequacy and use of reserves and to support transition and convergence. 2019/20 is a critical year for establishing the base budget for Dorset Council to enable an accurate, medium-term financial plan to be delivered alongside a longer-term, sustainable financial strategy.
Report author: Aidan Dunn
Publication date: 30/07/2019
Date of decision: 30/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 30/07/2019 - Dorset Council - Cabinet