Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That Council agree, effective from 1 April 2019, that 100% of all
income from War Disablement or War Widows Pension be disregarded when
calculating entitlement to Housing Benefit in line with the resolution at Appendix A of the report.
2. That the Council Tax Discretionary Discount Policy set out at Appendix B of the report be adopted.
3. That the Business Rates Revaluation Support Scheme set out at Appendix C of the report be adopted.
4. That any underspend in the government grant allocation of £243,000 be used to
provide additional support for struggling businesses and that approval of such
cases be delegated to the Executive Director - Corporate Development (S151) after consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance, Commercial and Assets.
5. That the Hardship Relief Policy set out at Appendix D of the report be adopted.
6. That the Discretionary Housing Payments Policy set out at Appendix E of the report be adopted.
Reason for Decisions
To ensure that a consistent approach was taken in relation to the award of discretionary awards, discounts, payments and reliefs.
Publication date: 26/07/2019
Date of decision: 25/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 25/06/2019 - Dorset Council - Cabinet