Decision Maker: Dorset Council - Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the procurements and awards of contracts set out in Appendix A to a maximum value of £5m be approved, and those over £5m would be reported back to Cabinet for detailed consideration.
2. In giving this approval, Members are approving known / likely procurement set for implementation during 2019/20 (or as specifically noted otherwise) on terms to be agreed by the delegated officer, Corporate Director or Portfolio Holder for each arrangement.
3. That procurements exceeding the key decision threshold which are not yet identified will be subject to a separate report for approval by the Cabinet, at a later date.
Reasons for Decisions
1. Cabinet was required to approve all key decisions with financial consequences of £500k or more. It was also good governance to provide Cabinet with a summary of all proposed procurements prior to them formally commencing.
2. Planning procurements effectively ensures: effective stakeholder management; efficient sourcing; compliance with regulations and contract procedure rules; and, best value for money.
Report author: Aidan Dunn
Publication date: 07/06/2019
Date of decision: 04/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 04/06/2019 - Dorset Council - Cabinet