Decision Maker: Dorset Council - Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
That the procurement and award of a Dorset Highways Contractor Resource (Labour Top-Up) Framework (re-procurement exercise) be approved.
Reason for the Decision
Cabinet is required to approve all key decisions with a financial consequence of £500k or more, and procurements over £5m are subject to individual reports (Cabinet 04-06-19 refers).
The technical summary for reasons for the recommendation is as follows:
· The pre-agreed rates and contract conditions allows Dorset Highways to respond to changing demands / circumstances quickly and efficiently.
· The quick procured method - call off, is far quicker than the traditional quote, tender and mini-competition methods of procurement. This reduces administration and back office costs
· The multi supplier lots provide resilience if the preferred supplier cannot fulfil the call-off
· The multi supplier lots provide technical expertise in a variety of specialist areas
· The multi-supplier framework has worked for the last eight years.
· The organisation risk is LOW
Report author: Dawn Adams
Publication date: 03/09/2019
Date of decision: 03/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/09/2019 - Dorset Council - Cabinet